History of India Questions and Answers
1. The first attempt at introducing a representative and popular element in the governance of india was made through the
|A.||Indian council Act, 1861||B.||Indian council Act, 1892|
|C.||Government of india Act, 1919||D.||Indian council Act, 1909|
2. The boundary between India and Pakistan was demarcated by
|A.||Lawrence||B.||Sir Strafford Cripps|
|C.||Sir Cyril Radcliffe||D.||Lort Mountbatten|
3. Do or Die' was one of the most powerful slogans of india's freedom struggle, who gave it?
|C.||J.L. Nehru||D.||Subhash Chandra Bose|
4. Hunter commission was appointed by the British to probe into the
|A.||Chauri Chaura Incident||B.||Jallianwalabagh Tragedy|
|C.||Khilafat Agitation||D.||Bardoli Satyagraha|
5. Who proposed the preamble before the Drafting Committee of the constitution?
|A.||Mahatma Gandhi||B.||B.N. Rao|
|C.||B.R. Ambedkar||D.||Jawaharlal Nehru|
6. What was the ultimate goal of Gandhi's salt Sathyagraha?
|A.||repeal of salt laws||B.||curtailment of the Government's power|
|C.||economic relief to the common people||D.||'Purna Swaraj' for india|
7. The movement that came to an abrupt and due to the Chauri Chaura incident was the
|A.||Wahabi movement||B.||Home rule movement|
|C.||Non-cooperation movement||D.||Civil dis-obidient movement|
8. Who was the Congress President when india became free?
|A.||Sardar patel||B.||J.B. Kripalani|
|C.||Jawaharlal Nehru||D.||Mahatma Gandhi|
9. The Quit India Campaign was launched by the National Congress after the failure of the
|A.||Cripps mission||B.||Simla Conference held at the instance of the Governor General Lord Wavell|
|C.||Cabinet Mission||D.||None of the above|
10. Which of the following metals was not known to the Indus People?